Blog Total Visitors

Monday, February 28, 2011

General Tso's Gardein Chick-un


General Tso's recipe adapted to a vegan recipe!
I love Chinese food but can not handle the MSG. I decided to make my own. I used one bag of Gardein Mandarin Chick-un but did not use the sauce packet that comes with it.
Pan fry the pieces until golden and set aside.
Saute:
1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
1 tbsp fresh minced garlic
2/3 cup veggie stock

Saute these for two minutes until garlic is golden brown,
add:
3/4 cup organic cornstarch
1/4-1/2 cup agave nectar
2 tbsp nama shoyu or tamari
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp sherry cooking wine
red pepper flakes to taste
3 green onions sliced
1 head steamed broccoli

I put it over fried rice I made earlier and added some sprouts for color. It is fantastic and no bloating afterwards!



3 comments:

  1. You go Heather!! Prove wrong anytime This was by far the best Chinese food i have ever had period. The sauce was excellent , it made the broccoli taste incredible , I loved the egg in the rice and The Gardein chicken was the most realistic fried unchicken ever! Thanks for the sprouts Mike!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BESTTT Chinese food by far & you feel good after eating it! Love, love this dinner! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete