Blog Total Visitors

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Maple Glazed Tempeh with Jicama Whip and Salad


Maple Glazed Tempeh and Mushrooms with Jicama Whip and Salad


My favorite store bought tempeh (fermented soybeans in a cake like patty frozen) is from Gainesville. Either Jose's available at www.thetempehshop.com or Artie's available at Blue Planet or Diane's in St. Augustine, Florida in the frozen section. They use whole beans which I find to be much tastier than the Publix kind WestSoy which breaks up the beans too much for my taste.

I take the tempeh and saute it with Earth Balance and about 2 TBSP maple syrup, Grade B preferably because it contains more trace minerals than Grade A. Glaze the tempeh with the mixture and add mushrooms at the end and cook til tender.

Jicama Whip is a raw dish that contains soaked cashews or Brazil nuts. I use Brazil nuts because they are very high in selenium. Soak brazil nuts overnight and blend with chopped jicama, nutritional yeat, salt and fresh garlic. Blend in the Vita-mix on high to warm slightly.

My favorite salads are chopped lettuces, chopped sprouts, tomatoes, any kind of green veggies, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, and flax seeds. I use 10 year old Balsamic Vinegar and extra virgin olive oil or some time nutritional yeast, olive oil and hemp seed blend. I cut the lettuce because you can eat two or three times the greens without even knowing it because you don't have to chew the whole leaves like traditionally served salads. We can all use more greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment