Blog Total Visitors

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Farmer's Market Sweet Potato and Chinese Cabbage Gratin


This is an easy dish you make with any kind of potato you may have available at the farmer's markets. Here in St. Augustine the sweet potato varieties growing now are my favorites. Especially the golden sweet potatoes. I used fresh Chinese cabbage I just harvested from my suburban yard. Cabbage is easy to grow like collards and kale and it doesn't attract bugs so you never need pesticides!
In any recipe you encounter that says use 1/2 c of cheese, I automatically replce with cashew cream,
(simply soak cashews in purified water overnight, drain and blend in the
Vita-mix for a few minutes with about an inch of purified water until desired consistency is reached.)
This recipe had me steam the potatoes which I like, 20 minutes, then the cabbage for ten....
It also uses browned butter which I always use Earth Balance, not Smart Balance, read the ingredients label of everything you put in your mouth, if you cant pronounce it then why would you poison yourself with chemicals?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete